When a home is built, bought or sold it often receives an FEMA flood elevation certificate. These are sometimes known as flood elevation certificates, and are provided to show the risk of flooding for that particular home. While Federal Emergence Management Agency flood maps are used to determine whether or not a property is in a FEMA-designated flood plain, its is often necessary to hire a professional land surveyor to fill out the certificate.

These certificates are required if a person is borrowing money to buy a home.

Professional Land
Surveying Service

  • Determine specific location of the home on a FEMA flood map
  • Certifies whether or not the home is located in a flood zone

Property Owner Benefit

  • Peace of mind
  • Information necessary to purchase flood insurance